- About Us - What makes us unique
- Are these things important to you? Learn more about us!
Pet Cancer Treatment & Services
for Companion Animals in Lake County
Middletown Animal Hospital offers oncology services including cancer screening, chemotherapy, and surgery. Our veterinarians will provide you with information about your pet’s condition and discuss which proven treatment options will most benefit your pet. In some cases, we may recommend that you consult an oncology specialist and will provide you with a referral.
There are more oncology options than ever before, such as chemotherapy, radiation therapy, surgery, nutritional support, and clinical trials. We understand that this can be a difficult time for you and your pet. We want to assure you that our primary goal is to enhance your pet’s quality of life and provide the most appropriate treatment solutions to fight the disease.
Read more about cancer care in pets from the American Animal Hospital Association.
Ten Common Signs of Cancer in Small Animals
The American Veterinary Medical Association offers these common signs of cancer in pets:
- Abnormal swellings that persist or continue to grow
- Sores that do not heal
- Weight loss
- Loss of appetite
- Bleeding or discharge from any body opening
- Offensive odor
- Difficulty eating or swallowing
- Hesitation to exercise or loss of stamina
- Persistent lameness or stiffness
- Difficulty breathing, urinating, or defecating
If you see any of these symptoms in your pet, please call us immediately.